- Proof By Lice!
- The seventeen camels riddle, and Noga Alon’s camel proof and algorithms
- Edmund Landau and the Early Days of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Boolean Functions: Influence, Threshold, and Noise
- Laci Babai Visits Israel!
- Polymath10 conclusion
- Is Heads-Up Poker in P?
- The Median Game
- International mathematics graduate studies at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Top Posts & Pages
- Proof By Lice!
- The seventeen camels riddle, and Noga Alon's camel proof and algorithms
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- Updates and plans III.
- A Breakthrough by Maryna Viazovska Leading to the Long Awaited Solutions for the Densest Packing Problem in Dimensions 8 and 24
- From Oberwolfach: The Topological Tverberg Conjecture is False
- יופיה של המתמטיקה
- Analysis of Boolean Functions
- Greatest Hits
Tag Archives: Tverberg’s theorem
Imre Barany, Rade Zivaljevic, Helge Tverberg, and Sinisa Vrecica Recall the beautiful theorem of Tverberg: (We devoted two posts (I, II) to its background and proof.) Tverberg Theorem (1965): Let be points in , . Then there is a partition of … Continue reading
Karanbir Sarkaria 4. Sarkaria’s proof: Tverberg’s theorem (1965): Let be points in , . Then there is a partition of such that . Proof: We can assume that . First suppose that the points belong to the -dimensional affine space … Continue reading
Helge Tverberg Ladies and gentlemen, this is an excellent time to tell you about the beautiful theorem of Tverberg and the startling proof of Sarkaria to Tverberg’s theorem (two parts). A good place to start is Radon’s theorem. 1. The theorems of Radon, … Continue reading