- AlexFest: 60 Faces of Groups
- Postoctoral Positions with Karim and Other Announcements!
- AviFest, AviStories and Amazing Cash Prizes.
- Polymath 10 post 6: The Erdos-Rado sunflower conjecture, and the Turan (4,3) problem: homological approaches.
- Polymath 10 Emergency Post 5: The Erdos-Szemeredi Sunflower Conjecture is Now Proven.
- Mind Boggling: Following the work of Croot, Lev, and Pach, Jordan Ellenberg settled the cap set problem!
- More Math from Facebook
- The Erdős Szekeres polygon problem – Solved asymptotically by Andrew Suk.
Top Posts & Pages
- A Breakthrough by Maryna Viazovska Leading to the Long Awaited Solutions for the Densest Packing Problem in Dimensions 8 and 24
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- Extremal Combinatorics IV: Shifting
- The Simplex, the Cyclic polytope, the Positroidron, the Amplituhedron, and Beyond
- Polymath10: The Erdos Rado Delta System Conjecture
- When It Rains It Pours
- Greg Kuperberg: It is in NP to Tell if a Knot is Knotted! (under GRH!)
- The Erdős Szekeres polygon problem - Solved asymptotically by Andrew Suk.
- Believing that the Earth is Round When it Matters
Tag Archives: Tverberg’s theorem
Imre Barany, Rade Zivaljevic, Helge Tverberg, and Sinisa Vrecica Recall the beautiful theorem of Tverberg: (We devoted two posts (I, II) to its background and proof.) Tverberg Theorem (1965): Let be points in , . Then there is a partition of … Continue reading
Karanbir Sarkaria 4. Sarkaria’s proof: Tverberg’s theorem (1965): Let be points in , . Then there is a partition of such that . Proof: We can assume that . First suppose that the points belong to the -dimensional affine space … Continue reading
Helge Tverberg Ladies and gentlemen, this is an excellent time to tell you about the beautiful theorem of Tverberg and the startling proof of Sarkaria to Tverberg’s theorem (two parts). A good place to start is Radon’s theorem. 1. The theorems of Radon, … Continue reading