- Laci Babai Visits Israel!
- Polymath10 conclusion
- Is Heads-Up Poker in P?
- The Median Game
- International mathematics graduate studies at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Polynomial Method Workshop
- Amazing: Stefan Glock, Daniela Kühn, Allan Lo, and Deryk Osthus give a new proof for Keevash’s Theorem. And more news on designs.
- The US Elections and Nate Silver: Informtion Aggregation, Noise Sensitivity, HEX, and Quantum Elections.
- Avifest live streaming
Top Posts & Pages
Tag Archives: upper bound theorem
The upper bound theorem asserts that among all d-dimensional polytopes with n vertices, the cyclic polytope maximizes the number of facets (and k-faces for every k). It was proved by McMullen for polytopes in 1970, and by Stanley for general triangulations … Continue reading
This post complements Eran Nevo’s first post on the -conjecture 1) Euler’s theorem Euler Euler’s famous formula for the numbers of vertices, edges and faces of a polytope in space is the starting point of many mathematical stories. (Descartes came close … Continue reading