- To cheer you up in difficult times 6: Play Rani Sharim’s two-player games of life, read Maya Bar-Hillel presentation on catching lies with statistics, and more.
- To cheer you up in difficult times 5: A New Elementary Proof of the Prime Number Theorem by Florian K. Richter
- To cheer you up in difficult times 4: Women In Theory present — I will survive
- To cheer you up in difficult times 3: A guest post by Noam Lifshitz on the new hypercontractivity inequality of Peter Keevash, Noam Lifshitz, Eoin Long and Dor Minzer
- Harsanyi’s Sweater
- To cheer you up in difficult times II: Mysterious matching news by Gal Beniamini, Naom Nisan, Vijay Vazirani and Thorben Tröbst!
- Trees not Cubes! Memories of Boris Tsirelson
- A small update from Israel and memories from Singapore: Partha Dasgupta, Robin Mason, Frank Ramsey, and 007
- Game Theory – on-line Course at IDC, Herzliya
Top Posts & Pages
- 'Gina Says'
- The seventeen camels riddle, and Noga Alon's camel proof and algorithms
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- Dan Romik on the Riemann zeta function
- Game Theory 2020
- TYI 30: Expected number of Dice throws
- News on Fractional Helly, Colorful Helly, and Radon
- Scott Triumphs* at the Shtetl
Monthly Archives: October 2018
Let me mention two talks with very promising news by friends of the blog, Karim Adiprasito and Noam Lifshitz. As always, with the beginning of the academic year there are a lot of exciting activities, things are rather hectic around, … Continue reading
The artist behind Alef’s corner has now a website offering over 100 T-shirt designs. In addition to a few pictures related to mathematics there are many in a few other categories: “Jazz,” “Urban,” “Nature,” “Signature design,” and “Sea”. Here are … Continue reading
This post is my third report from ICM 2018. You may remember that I had planned to live-blog on the last four days of the congress but on Monday evening I realized that this was an unrealistic task and decided … Continue reading