- AlexFest: 60 Faces of Groups
- Postoctoral Positions with Karim and Other Announcements!
- AviFest, AviStories and Amazing Cash Prizes.
- Polymath 10 post 6: The Erdos-Rado sunflower conjecture, and the Turan (4,3) problem: homological approaches.
- Polymath 10 Emergency Post 5: The Erdos-Szemeredi Sunflower Conjecture is Now Proven.
- Mind Boggling: Following the work of Croot, Lev, and Pach, Jordan Ellenberg settled the cap set problem!
- More Math from Facebook
- The Erdős Szekeres polygon problem – Solved asymptotically by Andrew Suk.
Top Posts & Pages
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- The Simplex, the Cyclic polytope, the Positroidron, the Amplituhedron, and Beyond
- A Breakthrough by Maryna Viazovska Leading to the Long Awaited Solutions for the Densest Packing Problem in Dimensions 8 and 24
- Polymath10: The Erdos Rado Delta System Conjecture
- Believing that the Earth is Round When it Matters
- When It Rains It Pours
- Amazing: Peter Keevash Constructed General Steiner Systems and Designs
- In how many ways you can chose a committee of three students from a class of ten students?
- Why Quantum Computers Cannot Work: The Movie!
Monthly Archives: July 2014
Next Week in Jerusalem: Special Day on Quantum PCP, Quantum Codes, Simplicial Complexes and Locally Testable Codes
Special Quantum PCP and/or Quantum Codes: Simplicial Complexes and Locally Testable CodesDay בי”ס להנדסה ולמדעי המחשב 24 Jul 2014 – 09:30 to 17:00 room B-220, 2nd floor, Rothberg B Building On Thursday, the 24th of July we will host a SC-LTC (simplicial complexes … Continue reading
The four princes in summit 200, ten years ago. (Left to right) Ervin Győri, Zoltán Füredi, Péter Frankl and János Pach In 2014, Péter Frankl, Zoltán Füredi, Ervin Győri and János Pach are turning 60 and summit 240 is a conference … Continue reading
Jürgen Eckhoff, Ascona 1999 Jürgen Eckhoff is a German mathematician working in the areas of convexity and combinatorics. Our mathematical paths have met a remarkable number of times. We also met quite a few times in person since our first … Continue reading