- To cheer you up in difficult times 6: Play Rani Sharim’s two-player games of life, read Maya Bar-Hillel presentation on catching lies with statistics, and more.
- To cheer you up in difficult times 5: A New Elementary Proof of the Prime Number Theorem by Florian K. Richter
- To cheer you up in difficult times 4: Women In Theory present — I will survive
- To cheer you up in difficult times 3: A guest post by Noam Lifshitz on the new hypercontractivity inequality of Peter Keevash, Noam Lifshitz, Eoin Long and Dor Minzer
- Harsanyi’s Sweater
- To cheer you up in difficult times II: Mysterious matching news by Gal Beniamini, Naom Nisan, Vijay Vazirani and Thorben Tröbst!
- Trees not Cubes! Memories of Boris Tsirelson
- A small update from Israel and memories from Singapore: Partha Dasgupta, Robin Mason, Frank Ramsey, and 007
- Game Theory – on-line Course at IDC, Herzliya
Top Posts & Pages
- Dan Romik on the Riemann zeta function
- The seventeen camels riddle, and Noga Alon's camel proof and algorithms
- TYI 30: Expected number of Dice throws
- If Quantum Computers are not Possible Why are Classical Computers Possible?
- 'Gina Says'
- To cheer you up in difficult times 6: Play Rani Sharim's two-player games of life, read Maya Bar-Hillel presentation on catching lies with statistics, and more.
- The story of Poincaré and his friend the baker
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- Game Theory 2020
Monthly Archives: April 2015
It is a pleasure to announce my own birthday conference which will take place in Jerusalem on June 15-16 2015. Here is the meeting’s homepage! The organizers asked me also to mention that some support for accommodation in Jerusalem for the … Continue reading
Muli, Dor and Subash, Jerusalem May 21 2015. Michel Talagrand Gregory Margulis Property testing In this post I will tell you about a new paper by Subhash Khot, Dor Minzer and Muli Safra entitled: On … Continue reading
Angry birds peace treaty by Eretz Nehederet Arqade A few years ago I became interested in the question of whather new versions of the computer game “Angry Birds” gradually makes it easier to get high scores. Devoted to the idea of … Continue reading
Arguably mathematics is getting harder, although some people claim that also in the old times parts of it were hard and known only to a few experts before major simplifications had changed matters. Let me report here about two recent remarkable simplifications … Continue reading