- Gil’s Collegial Quantum Supremacy Skepticism FAQ
- Amazing! Keith Frankston, Jeff Kahn, Bhargav Narayanan, Jinyoung Park: Thresholds versus fractional expectation-thresholds
- Starting today: Kazhdan Sunday seminar: “Computation, quantumness, symplectic geometry, and information”
- The story of Poincaré and his friend the baker
- Gérard Cornuéjols’s baker’s eighteen 5000 dollars conjectures
- Noisy quantum circuits: how do we know that we have robust experimental outcomes at all? (And do we care?)
- Test Your Intuition 40: What Are We Celebrating on Sept, 28, 2019? (And answer to TYI39.)
Top Posts & Pages
- Gil's Collegial Quantum Supremacy Skepticism FAQ
- TYI 30: Expected number of Dice throws
- Lior, Aryeh, and Michael
- Elchanan Mossel's Amazing Dice Paradox (your answers to TYI 30)
- Amazing: Hao Huang Proved the Sensitivity Conjecture!
- Aubrey de Grey: The chromatic number of the plane is at least 5
- Jeff Kahn and Jinyoung Park: Maximal independent sets and a new isoperimetric inequality for the Hamming cube.
Tag Archives: sunflower conjecture
The Polymath10 project on the Erdos-Rado Delta-System conjecture took place over this blog from November 2015 to May 2016. I aimed for an easy-going project that people could participate calmly aside from their main research efforts and the duration of … Continue reading
Polymath 10 post 6: The Erdos-Rado sunflower conjecture, and the Turan (4,3) problem: homological approaches.
In earlier posts I proposed a homological approach to the Erdos-Rado sunflower conjecture. I will describe again this approach in the second part of this post. Of course, discussion of other avenues for the study of the conjecture are welcome. The purpose … Continue reading
While slowly writing Post 5 (now planned to be Post 6) of our polymath10 project on the Erdos-Rado sunflower conjecture, the very recent proof (see this post) that cap sets have exponentially small density has changed matters greatly! It implies … Continue reading
The main purpose of this post is to start a new research thread for Polymath 10 dealing with the Erdos-Rado Sunflower problem. (Here are links to post 2 and post 1.) Here is a very quick review of where we … Continue reading