- Alef Corner: Math Collaboration
- Alef’s Corner: Math Collaboration 2
- To cheer you up in difficult times 11: Immortal Songs by Sabine Hossenfelder and by Tom Lehrer
- To cheer you up in difficult times 10: Noam Elkies’ Piano Improvisations and more
- Quantum Matters
- To cheer you up in difficult times 9: Alexey Pokrovskiy proved that Rota’s Basis Conjecture holds asymptotically
- To Cheer you up in Difficult Times 8: Nathan Keller and Ohad Klein Proved Tomaszewski’s Conjecture on Randomly Signed Sums
- Noam Lifshitz: A new hypercontractivity inequality — The proof!
- To cheer you up in difficult times 7: Bloom and Sisask just broke the logarithm barrier for Roth’s theorem!
Top Posts & Pages
- TYI 30: Expected number of Dice throws
- Quantum Matters
- Gil's Collegial Quantum Supremacy Skepticism FAQ
- To Cheer you up in Difficult Times 8: Nathan Keller and Ohad Klein Proved Tomaszewski's Conjecture on Randomly Signed Sums
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- A sensation in the morning news - Yaroslav Shitov: Counterexamples to Hedetniemi's conjecture.
- Elchanan Mossel's Amazing Dice Paradox (your answers to TYI 30)
- Extremal Combinatorics IV: Shifting
- Are Natural Mathematical Problems Bad Problems?
Tag Archives: Muli Safra
Let me briefly report on a remarkable new paper by Esty Kelman, Guy Kindler, Noam Lifshitz, Dor Minzer, and Muli Safra, Revisiting Bourgain-Kalai and Fourier Entropies. The paper describes substantial progress towards the Entropy-Influence conjecture, posed by Ehud Friedgut and … Continue reading
As part of the 2019/2020 TAU theory fest, tomorrow, Friday, January 3, 2020, is a Boolean function day at Tel Aviv University. The five speakers are Esty Kelman, Noam Lifschitz, Renan Gross, Ohad Klein, and Naomi Kirshner. For more (and … Continue reading
Hardness of Approximating Vertex Cover, Polytope-Integrality-Gap, the Alswede-Kachatrian theorem, and More.
Lior Silberman asked about applications of the 2-to-2 game theorem to hardness of approximation, and James Lee answered mentioning applications to vertex cover. Let me elaborate a little on vertex cover, and other matters. (Here is the pervious post on … Continue reading
Update: A related blog post by Boaz Barak: Unique Games Conjecture – halfway there? The 2-to-2 Games Conjecture is a somewhat weaker form of Khot’s unique game conjecture. The paper is: Pseudorandom Sets in Grassmann Graph have Near-Perfect Expansion by Subhash Khot, Dor … Continue reading
Muli, Dor and Subash, Jerusalem May 21 2015. Michel Talagrand Gregory Margulis Property testing In this post I will tell you about a new paper by Subhash Khot, Dor Minzer and Muli Safra entitled: On … Continue reading