- Alef Corner: Math Collaboration
- Alef’s Corner: Math Collaboration 2
- To cheer you up in difficult times 11: Immortal Songs by Sabine Hossenfelder and by Tom Lehrer
- To cheer you up in difficult times 10: Noam Elkies’ Piano Improvisations and more
- Quantum Matters
- To cheer you up in difficult times 9: Alexey Pokrovskiy proved that Rota’s Basis Conjecture holds asymptotically
- To Cheer you up in Difficult Times 8: Nathan Keller and Ohad Klein Proved Tomaszewski’s Conjecture on Randomly Signed Sums
- Noam Lifshitz: A new hypercontractivity inequality — The proof!
- To cheer you up in difficult times 7: Bloom and Sisask just broke the logarithm barrier for Roth’s theorem!
Top Posts & Pages
- TYI 30: Expected number of Dice throws
- Quantum Matters
- Gil's Collegial Quantum Supremacy Skepticism FAQ
- To Cheer you up in Difficult Times 8: Nathan Keller and Ohad Klein Proved Tomaszewski's Conjecture on Randomly Signed Sums
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- A sensation in the morning news - Yaroslav Shitov: Counterexamples to Hedetniemi's conjecture.
- Elchanan Mossel's Amazing Dice Paradox (your answers to TYI 30)
- Hoi Nguyen and Melanie Wood: Remarkable Formulas for the Probability that Projections of Lattices are Surjective
- A Breakthrough by Maryna Viazovska Leading to the Long Awaited Solutions for the Densest Packing Problem in Dimensions 8 and 24
Monthly Archives: December 2018
Karim in his youth with a fan Congratulations, Karim! Update: Here is the link to the paper From the arXive, Dec 26, 2018. (Link will be added tomorrow.) COMBINATORIAL LEFSCHETZ THEOREMS BEYOND POSITIVITY by Karim Adiprasito Abstract: Consider a simplicial complex … Continue reading
This is my fourth report from ICM2018. (I plan one more.) As I already mentioned, Combinatorics was very nicely represented at ICM2018. The combinatorics session itself was great, and there were quite a few other sessions and other lectures … Continue reading
Nima Anari, Kuikui Liu, Shayan Oveis Gharan, and Cynthia Vinzant Solved the Mihail-Vazirani Conjecture for Matroids!
Milena Mihail and Umesh Vazirani I thank Nati Linial, Dan Spielman and Karim Adiprasito for sharing the news with me. The Mihail-Vazirani conjecture for matroids and Feder-Mihail’s theorem Consider a collection of vectors. A basis is a subset of … Continue reading
Next week Igor Pak will give the 2018 Erdős Lectures (delayed from June) Here is the poster Combinatorics — Erdos lecture: Igor Pak (UCLA) “Counting linear extensions” Monday December 10 11:00-13:00 Location: IIAS Hall 130, Feldman building, Givat Ram … Continue reading