- To cheer you up in difficult times 6: Play Rani Sharim’s two-player games of life, read Maya Bar-Hillel presentation on catching lies with statistics, and more.
- To cheer you up in difficult times 5: A New Elementary Proof of the Prime Number Theorem by Florian K. Richter
- To cheer you up in difficult times 4: Women In Theory present — I will survive
- To cheer you up in difficult times 3: A guest post by Noam Lifshitz on the new hypercontractivity inequality of Peter Keevash, Noam Lifshitz, Eoin Long and Dor Minzer
- Harsanyi’s Sweater
- To cheer you up in difficult times II: Mysterious matching news by Gal Beniamini, Naom Nisan, Vijay Vazirani and Thorben Tröbst!
- Trees not Cubes! Memories of Boris Tsirelson
- A small update from Israel and memories from Singapore: Partha Dasgupta, Robin Mason, Frank Ramsey, and 007
- Game Theory – on-line Course at IDC, Herzliya
Top Posts & Pages
- Game Theory 2020
- 'Gina Says'
- TYI 30: Expected number of Dice throws
- The seventeen camels riddle, and Noga Alon's camel proof and algorithms
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- Dan Romik on the Riemann zeta function
- To cheer you up in difficult times 6: Play Rani Sharim's two-player games of life, read Maya Bar-Hillel presentation on catching lies with statistics, and more.
- The story of Poincaré and his friend the baker
- Why is mathematics possible?
Tag Archives: Influence
My dear friend Itai Benjamini told me that he won’t be able to make it to my Tuesday talk on influence, threshold, and noise, and asked if I already have the slides. So it occurred to me that perhaps … Continue reading
Home page of the course. In the first lecture I defined the discrete n-dimensional cube and Boolean functions. Then I moved to discuss five problems in extremal combinatorics dealing with intersecting families of sets. 1) The largest possible intersecting family … Continue reading
Elementary school reunion: Usually, I don’t write about personal matters over the blog, but having (a few weeks ago) an elementary school reunion after 42 years was a moving and exciting event as to consider making an exception. For now, here … Continue reading