- Proof By Lice!
- The seventeen camels riddle, and Noga Alon’s camel proof and algorithms
- Edmund Landau and the Early Days of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Boolean Functions: Influence, Threshold, and Noise
- Laci Babai Visits Israel!
- Polymath10 conclusion
- Is Heads-Up Poker in P?
- The Median Game
- International mathematics graduate studies at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Top Posts & Pages
- The seventeen camels riddle, and Noga Alon's camel proof and algorithms
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- Proof By Lice!
- Updates and plans III.
- Amazing: Peter Keevash Constructed General Steiner Systems and Designs
- A Breakthrough by Maryna Viazovska Leading to the Long Awaited Solutions for the Densest Packing Problem in Dimensions 8 and 24
- Mind Boggling: Following the work of Croot, Lev, and Pach, Jordan Ellenberg settled the cap set problem!
- Emmanuel Abbe: Erdal Arıkan's Polar Codes
- Combinatorics, Mathematics, Academics, Polemics, ...
Tag Archives: Influence
My dear friend Itai Benjamini told me that he won’t be able to make it to my Tuesday talk on influence, threshold, and noise, and asked if I already have the slides. So it occurred to me that perhaps … Continue reading
Home page of the course. In the first lecture I defined the discrete n-dimensional cube and Boolean functions. Then I moved to discuss five problems in extremal combinatorics dealing with intersecting families of sets. 1) The largest possible intersecting family … Continue reading
Elementary school reunion: Usually, I don’t write about personal matters over the blog, but having (a few weeks ago) an elementary school reunion after 42 years was a moving and exciting event as to consider making an exception. For now, … Continue reading