- To cheer you up in difficult times 6: Play Rani Sharim’s two-player games of life, read Maya Bar-Hillel presentation on catching lies with statistics, and more.
- To cheer you up in difficult times 5: A New Elementary Proof of the Prime Number Theorem by Florian K. Richter
- To cheer you up in difficult times 4: Women In Theory present — I will survive
- To cheer you up in difficult times 3: A guest post by Noam Lifshitz on the new hypercontractivity inequality of Peter Keevash, Noam Lifshitz, Eoin Long and Dor Minzer
- Harsanyi’s Sweater
- To cheer you up in difficult times II: Mysterious matching news by Gal Beniamini, Naom Nisan, Vijay Vazirani and Thorben Tröbst!
- Trees not Cubes! Memories of Boris Tsirelson
- A small update from Israel and memories from Singapore: Partha Dasgupta, Robin Mason, Frank Ramsey, and 007
- Game Theory – on-line Course at IDC, Herzliya
Top Posts & Pages
- 'Gina Says'
- The seventeen camels riddle, and Noga Alon's camel proof and algorithms
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- Dan Romik on the Riemann zeta function
- Game Theory 2020
- TYI 30: Expected number of Dice throws
- News on Fractional Helly, Colorful Helly, and Radon
- Scott Triumphs* at the Shtetl
Monthly Archives: April 2017
This is a (very much) belated update post from the beginning of March (2016). New Haven I spent six weeks in February (2016) in New Haven. It was very nice to get back to Yale after more than two years. Here … Continue reading
Update (April 17): Outcomes of the poll for the coolest title are in. (See the end of the post) Oded Goldreich’s 60 birthday meeting, April 19-20 at the Weitzmann Institute promises to be a great event. Here is the webpage … Continue reading
One of my main research directions in the last decade is quantum information theory and quantum computers. (See this post and this one.) It is therefore a pleasure to report and give many links on the massive efforts carried out these … Continue reading
Art Duval, Bennet Goeckner, Carly Klivans, and Jeremy Martin found a counter example to the Garsia-Stanley partitioning conjecture for Cohen-Macaulay complexes. (We mentioned the conjecture here.) Congratulations Art, Bennet, Carly and Jeremy! Art, Carly, and Jeremy also wrote an article on the … Continue reading