- To cheer you up in difficult times 6: Play Rani Sharim’s two-player games of life, read Maya Bar-Hillel presentation on catching lies with statistics, and more.
- To cheer you up in difficult times 5: A New Elementary Proof of the Prime Number Theorem by Florian K. Richter
- To cheer you up in difficult times 4: Women In Theory present — I will survive
- To cheer you up in difficult times 3: A guest post by Noam Lifshitz on the new hypercontractivity inequality of Peter Keevash, Noam Lifshitz, Eoin Long and Dor Minzer
- Harsanyi’s Sweater
- To cheer you up in difficult times II: Mysterious matching news by Gal Beniamini, Naom Nisan, Vijay Vazirani and Thorben Tröbst!
- Trees not Cubes! Memories of Boris Tsirelson
- A small update from Israel and memories from Singapore: Partha Dasgupta, Robin Mason, Frank Ramsey, and 007
- Game Theory – on-line Course at IDC, Herzliya
Top Posts & Pages
- Dan Romik on the Riemann zeta function
- The seventeen camels riddle, and Noga Alon's camel proof and algorithms
- TYI 30: Expected number of Dice throws
- If Quantum Computers are not Possible Why are Classical Computers Possible?
- 'Gina Says'
- To cheer you up in difficult times 6: Play Rani Sharim's two-player games of life, read Maya Bar-Hillel presentation on catching lies with statistics, and more.
- The story of Poincaré and his friend the baker
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- Game Theory 2020
Tag Archives: Oded Schramm
Quanta Magazine published an interview with me about quantum computers. It was a pleasure discussing this issue with Katia Moskvitch and I enjoyed also the photo session with David Vaaknin who also took a video of me explaining the importance of … Continue reading
Itai Benjamini listening to Gadi Kozma There are 41 lectures from the Midrasha on Probability and Geometry: The Mathematics of Oded Schramm which are now online. Joram Lindenstrauss’s concluding lecture (click on the picture to see) Laci Lovasz More pictures … Continue reading
Our Midrasha is going very very well. There are many great talks, mostly very clear and helpful. Various different directions which interlace very nicely. Some moving new mathematical breakthroughs; very few fresh from the oven. Tomorrow is the last day. Update: I will try … Continue reading
There will be a conference this summer in Redmond and a school in December in Jerusalem devoted to Oded Schramm’s mathematics. Oded Schramm Memorial Conference Probability and Geometry Redmond WA, August 30-31, 2009 To be held at Microsoft … Continue reading
A lecture about Noise sensitivity Several of my recent research projects are related to noise, and noise was also a topic of a recent somewhat philosophical post. My oldest and perhaps most respectable noise-related project was the work with Itai Benjamini and Oded … Continue reading
I just heard the terrible news that Oded Schramm was killed in a hiking accident. Oded was hiking on Guye Peak near Snoqualmie Pass near Seattle. This is a terrible loss to Oded’s family, and our hearts and thoughts are … Continue reading
1. About: My name is Gil Kalai and I am a mathematician working mainly in the field of Combinatorics. Within combinatorics, I work mainly on geometric combinatorics and the study of convex polytopes and related objects, and on the analysis of Boolean functions … Continue reading