- Proof By Lice!
- The seventeen camels riddle, and Noga Alon’s camel proof and algorithms
- Edmund Landau and the Early Days of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Boolean Functions: Influence, Threshold, and Noise
- Laci Babai Visits Israel!
- Polymath10 conclusion
- Is Heads-Up Poker in P?
- The Median Game
- International mathematics graduate studies at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Top Posts & Pages
- Proof By Lice!
- The seventeen camels riddle, and Noga Alon's camel proof and algorithms
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- Updates and plans III.
- When It Rains It Pours
- A Breakthrough by Maryna Viazovska Leading to the Long Awaited Solutions for the Densest Packing Problem in Dimensions 8 and 24
- Extremal Combinatorics III: Some Basic Theorems
- 'Gina Says'
Tag Archives: Oded Schramm
Itai Benjamini listening to Gadi Kozma There are 41 lectures from the Midrasha on Probability and Geometry: The Mathematics of Oded Schramm which are now online. Joram Lindenstrauss’s concluding lecture (click on the picture to see) Laci Lovasz More pictures … Continue reading
Our Midrasha is going very very well. There are many great talks, mostly very clear and helpful. Various different directions which interlace very nicely. Some moving new mathematical breakthroughs; very few fresh from the oven. Tomorrow is the last day. Update: I will try … Continue reading
There will be a conference this summer in Redmond and a school in December in Jerusalem devoted to Oded Schramm’s mathematics. Oded Schramm Memorial Conference Probability and Geometry Redmond WA, August 30-31, 2009 To be held at Microsoft … Continue reading
A lecture about Noise sensitivity Several of my recent research projects are related to noise, and noise was also a topic of a recent somewhat philosophical post. My oldest and perhaps most respectable noise-related project was the work with Itai Benjamini and Oded … Continue reading
I just heard the terrible news that Oded Schramm was killed in a hiking accident. Oded was hiking on Guye Peak near Snoqualmie Pass near Seattle. This is a terrible loss to Oded’s family, and our hearts and thoughts are … Continue reading
1. About: My name is Gil Kalai and I am a mathematician working mainly in the field of Combinatorics. Within combinatorics, I work mainly on geometric combinatorics and the study of convex polytopes and related objects, and on the analysis of Boolean functions … Continue reading