- Alef Corner: Math Collaboration
- Alef’s Corner: Math Collaboration 2
- To cheer you up in difficult times 11: Immortal Songs by Sabine Hossenfelder and by Tom Lehrer
- To cheer you up in difficult times 10: Noam Elkies’ Piano Improvisations and more
- Quantum Matters
- To cheer you up in difficult times 9: Alexey Pokrovskiy proved that Rota’s Basis Conjecture holds asymptotically
- To Cheer you up in Difficult Times 8: Nathan Keller and Ohad Klein Proved Tomaszewski’s Conjecture on Randomly Signed Sums
- Noam Lifshitz: A new hypercontractivity inequality — The proof!
- To cheer you up in difficult times 7: Bloom and Sisask just broke the logarithm barrier for Roth’s theorem!
Top Posts & Pages
- TYI 30: Expected number of Dice throws
- Quantum Matters
- Gil's Collegial Quantum Supremacy Skepticism FAQ
- To Cheer you up in Difficult Times 8: Nathan Keller and Ohad Klein Proved Tomaszewski's Conjecture on Randomly Signed Sums
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- A sensation in the morning news - Yaroslav Shitov: Counterexamples to Hedetniemi's conjecture.
- Elchanan Mossel's Amazing Dice Paradox (your answers to TYI 30)
- Extremal Combinatorics IV: Shifting
- Are Natural Mathematical Problems Bad Problems?
Tag Archives: Oded Schramm
Quanta Magazine published an interview with me about quantum computers. It was a pleasure discussing this issue with Katia Moskvitch and I enjoyed also the photo session with David Vaaknin who also took a video of me explaining the importance of … Continue reading
Itai Benjamini listening to Gadi Kozma There are 41 lectures from the Midrasha on Probability and Geometry: The Mathematics of Oded Schramm which are now online. Joram Lindenstrauss’s concluding lecture (click on the picture to see) Laci Lovasz More pictures … Continue reading
Our Midrasha is going very very well. There are many great talks, mostly very clear and helpful. Various different directions which interlace very nicely. Some moving new mathematical breakthroughs; very few fresh from the oven. Tomorrow is the last day. Update: I will try … Continue reading
There will be a conference this summer in Redmond and a school in December in Jerusalem devoted to Oded Schramm’s mathematics. Oded Schramm Memorial Conference Probability and Geometry Redmond WA, August 30-31, 2009 To be held at Microsoft … Continue reading
A lecture about Noise sensitivity Several of my recent research projects are related to noise, and noise was also a topic of a recent somewhat philosophical post. My oldest and perhaps most respectable noise-related project was the work with Itai Benjamini and Oded … Continue reading
I just heard the terrible news that Oded Schramm was killed in a hiking accident. Oded was hiking on Guye Peak near Snoqualmie Pass near Seattle. This is a terrible loss to Oded’s family, and our hearts and thoughts are … Continue reading
1. About: My name is Gil Kalai and I am a mathematician working mainly in the field of Combinatorics. Within combinatorics, I work mainly on geometric combinatorics and the study of convex polytopes and related objects, and on the analysis of Boolean functions … Continue reading