- AlexFest: 60 Faces of Groups
- Postoctoral Positions with Karim and Other Announcements!
- AviFest, AviStories and Amazing Cash Prizes.
- Polymath 10 post 6: The Erdos-Rado sunflower conjecture, and the Turan (4,3) problem: homological approaches.
- Polymath 10 Emergency Post 5: The Erdos-Szemeredi Sunflower Conjecture is Now Proven.
- Mind Boggling: Following the work of Croot, Lev, and Pach, Jordan Ellenberg settled the cap set problem!
- More Math from Facebook
- The Erdős Szekeres polygon problem – Solved asymptotically by Andrew Suk.
Top Posts & Pages
- A Breakthrough by Maryna Viazovska Leading to the Long Awaited Solutions for the Densest Packing Problem in Dimensions 8 and 24
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- Extremal Combinatorics IV: Shifting
- The Simplex, the Cyclic polytope, the Positroidron, the Amplituhedron, and Beyond
- Polymath10: The Erdos Rado Delta System Conjecture
- When It Rains It Pours
- Greg Kuperberg: It is in NP to Tell if a Knot is Knotted! (under GRH!)
- The Erdős Szekeres polygon problem - Solved asymptotically by Andrew Suk.
- Believing that the Earth is Round When it Matters
Monthly Archives: June 2011
Greetings to all! Karol Borsuk conjectured in 1933 that every bounded set in can be covered by sets of smaller diameter. In a previous post I described the counterexample found by Jeff Kahn and me. I will devote a few posts … Continue reading
Cocycles Definition: A -cocycle is a collection of -subsets such that every -set contains an even number of sets in the collection. Alternative definition: Start with a collection of -sets and consider all -sets that contain an odd number of members … Continue reading
Elementary school reunion: Usually, I don’t write about personal matters over the blog, but having (a few weeks ago) an elementary school reunion after 42 years was a moving and exciting event as to consider making an exception. For now, … Continue reading