- Reflections: On the Occasion of Ron Adin’s and Yuval Roichman’s Birthdays, and FPSAC 2021
- ICM 2018 Rio (5) Assaf Naor, Geordie Williamson and Christian Lubich
- Test your intuition 47: AGC-GTC-TGC-GTC-TGC-GAC-GATC-? what comes next in the sequence?
- Cheerful news in difficult times: Richard Stanley wins the Steele Prize for lifetime achievement!
- Combinatorial Theory is Born
- To cheer you up in difficult times 34: Ringel Circle Problem solved by James Davies, Chaya Keller, Linda Kleist, Shakhar Smorodinsky, and Bartosz Walczak
- Good Codes papers are on the arXiv
- To cheer you up in difficult times 33: Deep learning leads to progress in knot theory and on the conjecture that Kazhdan-Lusztig polynomials are combinatorial.
- The Logarithmic Minkowski Problem
Top Posts & Pages
- Navier-Stokes Fluid Computers
- The Intermediate Value Theorem Applied to Football
- TYI 30: Expected number of Dice throws
- Believing that the Earth is Round When it Matters
- To Cheer You Up in Difficult Times 31: Federico Ardila's Four Axioms for Cultivating Diversity
- Amazing: Karim Adiprasito proved the g-conjecture for spheres!
- 'Gina Says'
- To cheer you up in difficult times 27: A major recent "Lean" proof verification
- Happy Birthday Richard Stanley!
Monthly Archives: May 2020
To cheer you up in difficult times 5: A New Elementary Proof of the Prime Number Theorem by Florian K. Richter
Here is a piece of news that will certainly cheer you up: Florian Richter found A new elementary proof of the prime number theorem. (I thank Tami Ziegler for telling me about the new result.) From left to right: Atle Selberg, … Continue reading
An amazing video (Update, May18 2020). I failed to explain what WIT is and this may have caused some misunderstanding. Here is a description from the Simons Institute site. “The Women in Theory (WIT) Workshop is intended for graduate and … Continue reading
To cheer you up in difficult times 3: A guest post by Noam Lifshitz on the new hypercontractivity inequality of Peter Keevash, Noam Lifshitz, Eoin Long and Dor Minzer
This is a guest post kindly contributed by Noam Lifshitz. My short introduction: There is nothing like a new hypercontractivity inequality to cheer you up in difficult times and this post describes an amazing new hypercontractivity inequality. The post describes … Continue reading