- To cheer you up in difficult times 6: Play Rani Sharim’s two-player games of life, read Maya Bar-Hillel presentation on catching lies with statistics, and more.
- To cheer you up in difficult times 5: A New Elementary Proof of the Prime Number Theorem by Florian K. Richter
- To cheer you up in difficult times 4: Women In Theory present — I will survive
- To cheer you up in difficult times 3: A guest post by Noam Lifshitz on the new hypercontractivity inequality of Peter Keevash, Noam Lifshitz, Eoin Long and Dor Minzer
- Harsanyi’s Sweater
- To cheer you up in difficult times II: Mysterious matching news by Gal Beniamini, Naom Nisan, Vijay Vazirani and Thorben Tröbst!
- Trees not Cubes! Memories of Boris Tsirelson
- A small update from Israel and memories from Singapore: Partha Dasgupta, Robin Mason, Frank Ramsey, and 007
- Game Theory – on-line Course at IDC, Herzliya
Top Posts & Pages
- 'Gina Says'
- The seventeen camels riddle, and Noga Alon's camel proof and algorithms
- Answer: Lord Kelvin, The Age of the Earth, and the Age of the Sun
- Dan Romik on the Riemann zeta function
- Game Theory 2020
- TYI 30: Expected number of Dice throws
- News on Fractional Helly, Colorful Helly, and Radon
- Scott Triumphs* at the Shtetl
Category Archives: Movies
I was slow blogging, and catching up won’t be so easy. Of course, this brings me back to the question of what I should blog about. Ideally, I should tell you about mathematical things I heard about. The problem is … Continue reading
Twelves short videos about members of the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at the University of Victoria
Very nice mathematical videos!
Polymath12 Timothy Chow launched polymath12 devoted to the Rota Basis conjecture on the polymathblog. A classic paper on the subject is the 1989 paper by Rosa Huang and Gian Carlo-Rota. Let me mention a strong version of Rota’s conjecture (Conjecture … Continue reading